Georgia Wrongful Death

It’s never easy to deal with the death of a loved one. It’s even more difficult if that loved one’s life is taken from you before their time because of the wrongful conduct of another. If you have lost a loved one because of the wrongful conduct of another then you may have a cause of action under the Georgia wrongful death statute as well as a survival action. This is so whether it’s a car accident or as the result of some other negligence. The wrongdoer may be liable to you for medical and funeral expenses, as well as for loss of support, services, and inheritance, as a result of your loved one’s wrongful death. In addition, you may be entitled to recovery of such aspects of non-pecuniary harm arising from wrongful death as loss of enjoyment of life and loss of society.

It can also be difficult for someone to consider suing another person in court in order to hold them responsible for that loss of life. You may feel like you are not the type of person who brings suit against someone in court. That feeling may persist for quite some time while you are grieving. However, it is worth your time to at least discuss the details of your loved one’s death with a Georgia wrongful death attorney before it’s too late. Your right to bring suit for the loss of a loved one under the Georgia wrongful death statute has certain time limits on when claims and suits may be filed (”statutes of limitation”). Therefore, your right to file a claim or suit will expire with the passage of time. It is important to speak with a Georgia wrongful death attorney that you can trust and I can help. I serve Savannah, Brunswick, Hinesville, Springfield, Pembroke, and Pooler Georgia as well as all of Southeast Georgia.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for a free consultation to discuss whether you have a claim for damages under the wrongful death statute and survival act.

If you believe that someone is responsible for the wrongful death of your loved one, call me at (912) 244-3999 to schedule a free consultation so we can sit down and talk about the facts of your case and so that I can give you my opinion about whether or not you have a case.