Longshore Workers Compensation

If you are a longshore worker who has suffered a maritime injury, then I can help you. I am a Georgia longshore workers compensation attorney and I represent injured maritime employees (including shipbuilders, maritime construction workers, stevedores, harbor workers, crane operators, vessel repair workers, longshore checkers, etc.) under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, commonly referred to as the “Longshore Act” or “LHWCA”, which is a federal statute that provides medical benefits and disability payments for maritime employees injured on rivers, dry docks, wharfs, warehouses, ship terminals, shipyards, piers, marine way, and harbors or barges.

I handle longshore workers compensation claims under the Longshore Act for longshoremen working for the ILA. I serve Savannah, Brunswick, Hinesville, Springfield, Pembroke, and Pooler Georgia as well as all of Southeast Georgia.

If you have suffered a maritime injury, there are a couple things that you should be aware of. First, if the worker’s injury results in death, the Longshore Act may provide benefits to the survivors. If you are a survivor, I will be able to help you determine whether you are due any compensation and will fight tirelessly to make sure you get the compensation that you are due. Secondly, if you are an injured maritime employee and multiple persons or entities (other than your employer) contributed to your injury, then you may be able to recover against them in addition to your employer. I can help you with both your longshore workers compensation case and your third party case against the liable party who is not your employer. I represent injured or disabled maritime employees on a contingency fee basis. This means that I do not get paid unless you win. Time limits apply to filing a claim and it is critical that you speak with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact me for a free consultation.

Call me at (912) 244-3999 to schedule a free consultation so we can sit down and talk about the facts of your case and so that I can give you my opinion about whether or not you have a case.